Hi! I'm Charles
1-480.966.7308 | charles65 [at] peoplepc.com
Originally from Warren, Michigan, I came to Phoenix on an Arizona State University (ASU) Swimming Scholarship. After studying history and gaining a teaching certificate, I quickley discovered that the day to day drudgery of teaching high school students was not my cup of tea. I dabbled in photography while attending ASU, but had not considered it as a career. I stumbled upon this artistic calling -- a calling that my life was meant for -- at a Monkees concert back in the mid 1990's; they didn't have a photographer so I leapt at the opportunity to take the gig.
Fast forward all these years and I had the privledge of shooting international fashion shows in Milan, Rome, London, Berlin, and New York City. My photographs have been featured in People Magazine - and even a Jon Krakauer novel. I have attended multiple red carpet events at the Oscars, Venice Film Festival, and the Turner Classic Movies Film Festival capturing amazing images of world famous celebritiess. I am most honored to have photographed Pearl Harbor attack survivors and conducted many interviews with these precious WWII veterans.
- Fashion & Modeling - including magazine projects, advertisements, clothing lines, etc.
- Weddings, Familiy Portraits, Graduations, Birthdays and other social gatherings.
- Entertainment Industry multimedia for music, television, movies, live events, and more.
- Spcial Occasions such as political topics or historical organization preservation.
- Travel & Places of interest to capture unique moments and people around the world.
- Business Marketing assistance to help create captivating images to attract customers.
Charles Gabrean Photography - Capturing unique memories since 1994